mandag den 15. februar 2010

"Want to buy Tiger protection too? I have a lovely Rock for sale

...It doesn't do anything, but do you see any Tigers around here?"
"Lisa I wish to buy your rock".

Ahh feeling safe. Or rather the need to feel safe. And to sell anything based on other peoples fears (be it a pet rock that keeps tigers away, or the thought of just how many breadcrumbs you leave out on the internet), you need to become that evil you warn about. I did that, I didn't like doing that. And since i only do this, because it's fun.
I'm not going to do that anymore.

I became that salesman that turns up at peoples homes and tells them that eastern European gangs (or if you live in America its either dem blackies or mexicans or canadians) to gain entry to your house and vandalise your children and rape you tv... Or something.
They have litterally sold their self and their souls to sell a home alarm system. I did it to prove a point on what i felt -and still feel- was important. I've made my point now, so I will stop.

It is really weird to write silly posts about fail-pugs that litterally was nothing than "look what I've read lately" post, and get a huge flux in readers.
And then I go through this little series, and (although it might not seem so to others reading) go through hours of guilt and heartache and internal debate over if I should post it or not. And I get my reader amounts cut in half.

The positives of this little story seems to be, that im lucky that I only write for myself, and it seems that the people want funny stories, and not these stories of evil.
The negative grumpy old man side of me, wonders why I bother :)

Next post: How did a DDK get to sit on the Lic kings lap? Why Ulduar is Uldubore, and why ICC *IS* the place to be.
Best frikking instance EVER!!!

2 kommentarer:

  1. I read it and appreciate your effort and thoughts. I've thought a lot about it and I'm still trying to make up my mind about whether to post or not to post about it, telling about your former version of your first post and why it made me so upset and why I'm probably stupid getting that upset...

    It's just that I haven't landed quite yet.

    And now remember: statistics doesn't mean anything. People read crap posts. And they miss the gems. That's just how it is. Don't you DARE measuring yourself against stupid statistics. OK, I know it might be natural for a librarian mind, stuck in databases and numbers. But just trust me on this one, OK?

    SvarSlet
  2. I do and I will :) Thank you.

    I just want to add that if I thought your feelings on my first post was silly, I would not have changed it. (and for everyone else, this is a mystery that will never be solved...uuuuuh)

    SvarSlet