tirsdag den 28. juli 2009
tirsdag den 21. juli 2009
torsdag den 16. juli 2009
tirsdag den 14. juli 2009
So in my last post i complained a tiny weensy bit about Blizzards extremely greedy and.. well unsympathetic way of abusing their loving fans. I am of course reffering to them asking an astonishing 29,95 EUR for the fans to watch a livestream of blizzards commercials known as Blizzcon.
Having been to the latest worldwide invitational, i can with comfort say that the event is just that, a long add praising all that is Blizzard. Nothing wrong with that, they are great developers.. Hell I was a huge enough fan to plan my holiday around going there. And I had a blast when they announced Diablo III and overall a great great time. The memory has since soured for me, after hearing that they charged a ridiculos price for just watching it on your pc at home. Sure you get a little code for the coolest pet yet in game with this price, but honestly so what? Why wasn't there an option for us fans who just wanted to see the news live as it happens on stream? Most tv shows has that option for frikking free!! And they arent adverticing a product ( at least not directly).
This whole thing just reeks of greed and of not giving a flying F@%k about the people who play their games. Its truly honestly stuff like this that makes me want to cancel my subscription and boycutt every blizz game ever made. But I won't. Firstly cuz they make such great games, and secondly they couldnt care less what i do... Or could they?
Because now it seems, according to fnatic that you will get the chance to -at least- watch the tournament games going on via live stream for free. WOOOO.
So now it really begs the question: Why does the rest of the event, you know the commercials where they tell us what to buy next, has to cost a flipping 30 euro????
Really Blizzard, why?
*sigh* -Funny thing is, looking at my last posts, i've seemed to have an overall very negative attitude here, and im always told im so positive in everything. I guess this blog is where I went my frustrations :) I'll try and make happier posts soon. Or at least be happier when writing stuff.
Hey look, summer /runs off
torsdag den 9. juli 2009
heres the premise for this post:
If you could sit down with a WoW developer over coffee and bagels for a half hour, what would you ask them to change about the game?
However im not a demanding sort of fella, so ill mostly be asking 'why?'.
1. What do you want on your bagel then? Ill have the same.
2. Honestly truly, just between us.. Ill tell noone i swear: Does woW has a finite storyline? A story arc so to speak, where you will end it, or will you "just" make up new stuff? There seem to be a (albeit very very thin) link between the original game and the two expansions, the meta-story seems to be that war is stupid and the horde and the alliance should stop fighting amongst themselves to stop common enemies. Do you plan on ending it? And if not end the story, do you have a planned ending for WoW, or will you just stop it once the subscription numbers die out?
3. What is so wrong with dwarf Warlocks? -Or even better whats wrong with a dwarf druid... Just for me :D
4. So... the dancing. Have you ever seen the Dwarf dances? Especcially the females? Please, ill pay anything, just let me change that.
5. Get someone who’s actually been to Scotland to do the Dwarf female voices. Please. (totally my own one i swear.. NO dont go reading pewpewlazers blog)
6. The new mmo... just whisper to me what its going to be about [..pause..] oooooooooohh sounds great! I wont tell anyone.
7. Why the fekk are you making people pay to watch your adds for upcomming blizz games?? Honestly does your greed know no limit??? Seriously!
- pet included you say? well, make a special addtion then for the idio... ehh superfans, where they can pay.. But forcing people to pay to watch you advertice for your own products is sickening. It truly is. Its the sort of thing where im torn. Between you great games, and just saying "screw everything blizz ever makes, im boycutting ya!!"