mandag den 30. marts 2009

Honest (s)Crap Oh noes! I’ve been rumbled!

So my guildie, good friend and all around great guy Calli over at PewPew has awarded me to be the total super most awsom Death knight blogger of all time, past present and future.... Or in his words:
"There can only be one Deathknight blog nomination from me, and that’s Dwarf Death Knight from my very good friend Redux... you’ll know him as “DW” for his previous main, Dreamweaver, a Dwarf priest with whom he raided right up to Sunwell Plateau. Dreamweaver was infamous within the guild for getting tired of certain melee classes spamming chat with their massive crits. So one day he responded in kind with “OMG MASSIVE HAELZ IN YOUR FACE!” and there was much lollage. These days he’s caught the tanking bug on his Deathknight, Redux, and has completed Sartharion with three drakes in both 10 man and 25 man flavours, so it’s pretty sure that he knows what he’s doing"
He then goes on to write some complete drivel about certain things. Read it all here

Obviously the only important bit in that great post is the bit about me!
So lets start commenting on that... No, do you know what? I'll wait with that to the 10 thruths about myself.
Yes, you see this award isn't all love and cuddles, theres work in here too before i can post that logo at the bottom of my post. I have to do three specific things.
1 Brag about the award and link to whoever awarded you the.. ehh award. (done!!)
2. Award at least seven (7) other great blogs and make sure they know you have awarded them (comming up)
and 3. List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself (eek gasp). Then pass it on!

So lets start with my nominations.
And this is where im getting confused. (yes that soon). Am I "allowed" to nominate previous winners? And what about non-wow blogs? (not that I read all that many), Oh and what constitutes a blog? Ive never figured it out. Is Elitist Jerks a multi-user blog?? The MMo of blogs so to speak.
I don't know. And a part of my job involves me knowing crap like this. Hell im supposed to know all there is to know about web 2.0 and user involvness and all that jazz.
So before i Curl up into the fetal postition and just cry, I think ill just name what I like. And lets see em steal that award away from me if I mess it up!! :)

For example Ill start by going against all tradition and nominate PewPew Lazers because he got me blogging again, with his witty smart and always not uninteresting blog.
Sure posts may be a while between (hes old, so don't hold it against him), but they are always well thought through, and thats something I can learn a lot from. Most of my posts are just shots from the hip that has been saved in a drafts folder untill i find some pics to add, or just say "bugger all" and post em before they get outdated.

Also Larissa over at Pink pigtail-inn She has been ever so sweet, and even though ive never leveled a (booori..ehm) mage past level 20 ish, her blog is always filled with great posts, that usually (when they are best) go beoynd and break the borders between this game and life. No matter what you do, I think you can learn a lot from her posts. I've always admirred people who is able to take up things from their everyday life (in this case WoW) and use that to either teach some great life lessons or share some epic thruths about.. well everything. She recently wrote a post about finally becomming a teacher, Larissa, youve always been one, at least as long as ive read your blog ;)

Well those where the personal ones. lets look at the technical ones.
http://www.worldofmatticus.com/ because I still love priests, and also I can never get enough about his guild project. his thoughts about how to run a guild, and what not to do and what to do, always make a great read. Always.
http://dwarfpriest.com/ Well the name says it all. I love dwarfs, and I've fallen back in love with Disc priests. its a little to holy oriented (specc, not philosophy-wise) but other than that, me likey.
But her lack of disc is fully made up for in a blog id almost forgotten about again "some much needed Discipline" I used to eat up every word he wrote when I first stumbled upon this blog, and then i forgot about it. Won't happen again! (although feb 17 as the newest posts is saddening)

Notice how a blog about Death knights hasnt mentioned any other Death knight blogs? Yea, about that.
Ive only ever read DK blogs that.. well.. sucked. Im not claiming to be an oracle, but ive yet to see a DK blog that wasnt a copy/paste of latest ptr news with adds all over it. There was one I read a lot up to the launch of LK http://deathknight.info/ but I honestly thought it was a dead site. (and again, is it a blog??) anyways it looks to be alive and well. So ill add it here, although i dont reguarly read it.
So i got depserate, i searched the web looking for great DK blogs. Because im not just going to nominate and reccomend a decent or "okay" blog, just because its about death knights. Beggers CAN be choosers!
In my searching i found this one Skeleton Jack And i cant think of a better DK blog name, and skimming it i think it looks fun. So ill nominate it purely on the name!
In all honesty Jack is a super smart player. He knows a lot about Death knights and oh boy does he know how to angle any DK news to be very interesting and informative. But personally i dont like the way he writes. But that may just be my tastes. Doesnt change the fact that this is by far the best DK blog ive stumbled over (please do feel free to recommend others) And very worthy of a read.

Allright to finish off my check-list ill add the 10 thruths

1. I honestly thought i was original when naming my priest dreamweaver. I really really did. untill i got a guild-note saying "property of Macromedia" and asked for an explanation.
2. Im getting married in august. And my soon to be mrs DW-redux has a blog about that. And no, im not posting a link to it.
3. ive given up on following death knights on the ptr. for the first 30.000 builds that came out, I thereocrafted and speculated and tried to make the 7 basic dk builds work around em (blood tank/dps, frost tank/dps unholy tank/dps and DW) Now ive given up. Ive stopped. Whenever guildies ask me for advice (because everyone has a dk alt now) I usually try not to reply them, because i do not know.
4. The name Redux was taken because Im not alowed to use the Lazarus, and i dint want to use ä â ã ect ect to get that name, and an orginization in a roleplaying game (yes i know, but its FUN) i played was named Lazarus-redux. Only after deciding to have that name, and having a lvl 0 warrior with that name as a placeholder, did I bother to look it up.
5. As mentioned elsewhere ive managed to taunt of Sarth on a 10 manned 3d kill (actuelly also on our first 3d kill) when on drake duty. But that was hardly the only time ive done that. I also pulled off malygos of our MT trying to get some sparks into place with death grib, so many times that -in sheer frustration- our raidleader gave us a 10 min break to get some fresh air or whatever, while he cooked up a "foolproof" macro for me *blush*
6. i've lost said macro
7. I honestly really really enjoy looking at my site through google-analytics. Boy its fun, and Wow theres some weird cuntries that has inhabitants that has somehow stumbled onto my site. simple minds, i guess :D
8. Calli is really a guy!!! I've seen pictures. Also he does dirty things to penguins, sometimes... also 10 things is a long list.
9. im not all that big on religion -but i like most of their ideas. But i still got baptised last summer, so that i could be a real Godfather for my niece.
10. I think if i had just not deleted all those toons, on all those servers, id have had all 10 classes at max level now.


3 kommentarer:

  1. Thank you so much for this award! I feel very proud and astonished by all those kind words...

    Now, I've got linked in this meme once before, so I've already written my post on this topic (although I must admit that I missed to include the picture, so you may not have noticed it.)

    Here's the link to my post if you'd like to read it.

    http://pinkpigtailinn.blogspot.com/2009/03/pink-pigtail-awards-and-some-honesty.html

    And once again: thank you!

    SvarSlet
  2. I had read it :)
    As i started with, I was unsure whether that was "allowed" but ended up saying 'screw that, ill nominate whoever i want, its my blog'

    I meant every word.

    SvarSlet
  3. Ahhh I read it a bit carelessly. I think you're doing it right! I mean seriously, it's most of all an AWARD and not just a tag!

    SvarSlet